Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mud Puddles

Hans & Fritz played in puddles today at a park during a birthday party play date. First they were fully dressed splashing in a large dirty water puddle in the shelter, then they were barefoot in the same puddle, then I enticed them to try out the mud puddle to feel it squoosh between their toes. Hans was first to enjoy the mud; he would squish it then go back to the big puddle on the concrete to "wash" his feet. That progressed to sticking hands in the mud puddle then going back to the water puddle to wash. They also found a short thick stick, played with it in the mud, then climbed up on a picnic table and dropped it into the water puddle to make a splash then wash the stick off.

After 3 other boys (birthday boy & his brothers) joined them, they decided to lay on their tummies and be an alligators in the dirty water puddle. I think Fritz came up with that one because he was the one I saw prone first. They also went through the puddle in a skiing / sliding motion.

I was so proud! (Am I strange, or what?) Daddy would have flipped out. Before we left the park Hans needed a toilet break, so he changed out of muddy clothes into his spare underwear. I stripped Fritz and gave him a dry diaper. They rode home practically naked. It was a blast! Too bad I forgot my camera. D'oh.

(The mom of the other 3 boys took these pics for me early in the adventure. Thanks D!)